We appreciate the opportunity to complete your improvement/repair projects! The following outlines our policies and procedures specific to our service and serves as a service agreement between you (“the customer”) and McKinley Home Services, LLC.
SCHEDULING & SERVICE POLICIES
• Scheduled appointments are based on project length, which includes a minimum of 1 hour and a maximum project length of 8 hrs. Any projects requiring more than 8 hours to complete will be scheduled as separate appointments (not to exceed 8 hrs.) subject to serviceman availability. Full payment is due upon completion of each scheduled appointment. Appointments extending past 5PM will be billed the “after hours” rate and continued as a separate appointment.
• Appointments are scheduled based on our understanding of the customer-provided project description. Upon arrival, your serviceman will fully assess the project scope, and should the scope of work vary greatly from the customer’s provided description, the change of scope will be discussed with the customer for approval prior to commencing any work. At minimum, regardless of whether the customer accepts the change of scope of work, there will be a $50.00 service charge for reviewing the project scope with the customer.
• Service appointments are booked on our schedule with your specific project in mind. The appropriate servicemen, materials, and blocked time are set aside for your scope of work. If we are unable to perform the scope of work and the appointment is not completed for any reason (which may include but is not limited to insufficient provided materials, materials that require a special order, or significant change(s) to the scope of work), payment is due for the time completed with a minimum charge of $50 (see “Cancellation Policy” below).
• McKinley Home Services will do its best to remove construction debris. Our servicemen will take everything that fits in a garbage bag and will neatly pile any larger pieces on your property per your direction. Any removal of debris from the premises will be the sole responsibility of the customer. We will be happy to refer you to one of our hauling subcontractors.
PAYMENT & TERMS
Full payment is due upon completion of each scheduled appointment. Appointments extending past 5PM will be billed the “after hours” rate and continued as a separate appointment. Payments not received on completion may incur additional fees.
$125 minimum trip charge and $180/hour for appointments after 5pm or weekends.
Materials and associated costs.
Equipment Rental and associated costs.
All applicable sales tax
Materials/equipment can be provided by the homeowner at their own expense; however, a warranty with McKinley Home Services will be void (see “Warranties” section) for any owner-supplied materials. If the customer elects to provide material(s), the customer will be responsible for providing appropriate/accurate materials specific to the job. If McKinley Home Services is unable to complete work due to inappropriate materials, customer will be charged the minimum service fee or for any work completed.
• Payment can be made by cash (exact amount only), check or credit card (payable through an emailed invoice)
The return of a check (electronic or paper) will result in a $50.00 returned check fee in addition to any fees assessed by the banking institution.
From the date of project completion, all new construction workmanship is under warranty for a 12-month period and repairs/modifications to existing workmanship are under warranty for a 30-day period. Our warranty excludes normal workmanship defects defined as natural imperfections visible only by close inspection at 36” or less and natural curing cracks of caulk, grout, and concrete. Warranties are void of any liability for materials or products supplied by the customer or customer’s agents. Manufacturer warranties apply to all supplied materials as applicable.
PUNCTUALITY / RESCHEDULING & CANCELLATION POLICY
• In order to accommodate our customers with work completed in a timely manner, punctuality is critical. Our servicemen will arrive at your house within a 1-hour window. If for any reason we are unable to honor our scheduled appointment, you will be notified as soon as possible, and your appointment will be rescheduled to the next available time.
• If you incur a scheduling conflict, appointments may be rescheduled with a minimum notice of 24-hours. Last-minute cancellations or homeowner-neglected appointments will incur a minimum charge of $50.